Plants Are Magic: The magazine for makers, dreamers & plant lovers.
Each volume of Plants Are Magic offers an intimate gathering of stories, interviews and tutorials by artisans, plant growers, foragers, healers and plant lovers from around the world.
Independently published by Rebecca Desnos – a natural dyer in the UK – her vision is to unite crafts such as natural dyeing and herbalism, and explore the relationship between making and mindfulness. Together, let's celebrate plant creativity in every form.
Each volume of the magazine focuses on a new theme and is conceived like a timeless book that we hope you will cherish in your collection forever.
- The theme for vol. 1 is “Well-being”.
- 80 pages
- Spring/Summer edition with seasonal crafts and recipes.
- Proudly ad-free.
- Digital PDF version of the magazine - displays as two pages per spread on the screen, exactly as if you were reading a paper copy of the magazine. You can zoom into any parts of the pages as you choose and click on links throughout.
Highlights from this magazine
- Colours that Heal: harnessing the power of plants to dye therapeutic cloth. Discover how to dye your own scarf with plants, using an alternative dyeing method to my usual soya milk process.
- Oil Power: ever wondered about the difference between an oil infusion and an essential oil? A herbalist share's her journey with us and shows us the kinds of plants that make the best oil infusions and why. Plus learn how to make your own relaxing massage oil.
- The Online Herbalist : read another herbalist's thoughts on how herbal medicine is changing thanks to this technological age that we live in.
- Nourish Your Creativity : Practical tips for eating and cooking to help us reconnect with our inner creativity.
- Eat The Rainbow : Colourful plant-based recipes for a delicious Spring/Summer lunch.
- Homegrown Healing : Read a mother's account of how the garden nourishes the whole family, not only with the delicious produce, but how their whole rhythm of life has evolved around their garden.
- A Therapeutic Language of Plant Life: Why are humans instinctively drawn to plants? Read someone's personal account and learn about some of the theories behind this.
- Noticing Nature : How to appreciate what you have around you, no matter where you live. Some tips for sparking creativity and encouraging mindfulness.
- Interviews with a botanical artist, florist, plant-lover and family who live a plant-centred life.
Downloading the magazine
Following purchase, you will automatically receive an email containing a link to click on and download the PDF. Please save the file onto your device for future access (e.g. onto iBooks on the iPad).
This purchase gives you one license to read the magazine. Please do not distribute to others. Thank you for your support.