Plants Are Magic: The magazine for makers, dreamers & plant lovers.
The magazine offers an intimate gathering of stories, interviews and tutorials by artisans, plant growers, foragers, healers and plant lovers from around the world.
Independently published by Rebecca Desnos – a natural dyer in the UK – her vision is to unite crafts such as natural dyeing and herbalism, and explore the relationship between making and mindfulness. Together, let’s celebrate plant creativity in every form.
Each volume of the magazine is conceived like a timeless book that we hope you will cherish in your collection forever.
- The theme for vol. 1 is “Local Plants”.
- 104 pages
- Autumn/Winter edition with seasonal crafts and recipes.
- Proudly ad-free.
- A5 size (14.8 x 21cm / 5.8 x 8.3inches)
- Printed on FSC certified silk paper and ‘perfect bound’ just like a book.
- Digital PDF version of the magazine – displays as two pages per spread on the screen, exactly as if you were reading a paper copy of the magazine. You can zoom into any parts of the pages as you choose and click on links throughout.
Highlights from this magazine
- learn how to make paint from homemade plant dyes
- make a wall sculpture with fir needles
- read interviews with botanical artists, a natural dyer, a florist and herbalist
- forage and make your own herbal incense and smudge sticks
- grow microgreens on your windowsill
- find out why it’s healthier to eat locally grown food
- read about the magic of biodynamic growing
- make a plant mandala and engage with the nature that surrounds you
- read personal stories from different artists and herbalists from around the world
- self-care beauty recipes using seasonal plants
- tasty recipes for huckleberry scones, nettle pesto and autumnal tea blends
Downloading the magazine
Following purchase, you will automatically receive an email containing a link to click on and download the PDF. Please save the file onto your device for future access (e.g. onto iBooks on the iPad). The link will expire after 4 downloads.
This purchase gives you one license to read the magazine. Please do not distribute to others. Thank you for your support.