Plants Are Magic: The magazine for makers, dreamers & plant lovers.
The magazine offers an intimate gathering of stories, interviews and tutorials by artisans, plant growers, foragers, healers and plant lovers from around the world.
Independently published by Rebecca Desnos – a natural dyer in the UK – her vision is to unite crafts such as natural dyeing and herbalism, and explore the relationship between making and mindfulness. Together, let’s celebrate plant creativity in every form.
Each volume of the magazine is conceived like a timeless book that we hope you will cherish in your collection forever.
- The theme for vol. 2 is “Local Plants”.
- 104 pages
- Autumn/Winter edition with seasonal crafts and recipes.
- Proudly ad-free.
- A5 size (14.8 x 21cm / 5.8 x 8.3inches)
- Printed on FSC certified silk paper and ‘perfect bound’ just like a book.
Highlights from this magazine
- learn how to make paint from homemade plant dyes
- make a wall sculpture with fir needles
- read interviews with botanical artists, a natural dyer, a florist and herbalist
- forage and make your own herbal incense and smudge sticks
- grow microgreens on your windowsill
- find out why it’s healthier to eat locally grown food
- read about the magic of biodynamic growing
- make a plant mandala and engage with the nature that surrounds you
- read personal stories from different artists and herbalists from around the world
- self-care beauty recipes using seasonal plants
- tasty recipes for huckleberry scones, nettle pesto and autumnal tea blends
- The shipping cost within the UK is £2.50 / Europe £5 / rest of world £6
- Magazines ship from the UK and are sent within approx. 7 days of placing your order (but often sooner).
- Any orders of more than one magazine will be sent in separate envelopes due to weight restrictions. Shipping costs on the paper copies of the magazine are charged per item (i.e. an order of 2 magazines incurs 2 postage costs).
- UK orders are sent first class.
- International orders are via International Standard Post. This delivery method does not have tracking. Royal Mail aims to deliver to Europe within 3 to 5 working days and to the rest of the world within 5 to 7 working days. In my experience these time scales can be longer, so please be patient.