Plants Are Magic: The magazine for makers, dreamers & plant lovers.
The magazine offers an intimate gathering of stories, interviews and tutorials by artisans, plant growers, foragers, healers and plant lovers from around the world.
Independently published by Rebecca Desnos – a natural dyer in the UK – her vision is to unite crafts such as natural dyeing and herbalism, and explore the relationship between making and mindfulness. Together, let’s celebrate plant creativity in every form.
Each volume of the magazine is conceived like a timeless book that we hope you will cherish in your collection forever.
- The theme for vol. 3 is “Time”.
- 104 pages
- Proudly ad-free.
- Digital PDF version of the magazine – displays as two pages per spread on the screen, exactly as if you were reading a paper copy of the magazine. You can zoom into any parts of the pages as you choose and click on links throughout.
Some highlights from this magazine
- An interview with a knitter who grows and spins their own cotton.
- How to attune your garden to the moon cycles – simple step-by-steps for starting with biodynamic growing.
- Ayurvedic self care daily rituals with 3 plant-based recipes.
- How to do a simple tea meditation to experience herbs to the fullest.
- An Interview with Boreal Folk Apothecary.
- A natural dyeing tutorial with Samorn Sanixay who shows us how to pound flowers into fabric and create beautiful patterned cloth.
- Flower pressing: discovering a new land through wildflowers & tips for starting our own Herbarium (pressed plant specimens).
- Drawing flower motifs to capture the timeless beauty of the life cycle of a plant.
- An interview with sourdough baker Maurizio Leo.
- Recipes for fermenting vegetables and wild herbs.
- Personal stories about connecting with our ancestors through plants.
- + lots more! (See the contents page for full list of articles)
Downloading the magazine
You will be receive an email containing a link to click on. The PDF will be then download and you can save the file onto your device.
This purchase gives you one license to read the magazine. Please do not distribute to others. Thank you for your support.