Plants Are Magic: The magazine for makers, dreamers & plant lovers.
The magazine offers an intimate gathering of stories, interviews and tutorials by artisans, plant growers, foragers, healers and plant lovers from around the world.
Independently published by Rebecca Desnos – a natural dyer in the UK – her vision is to unite crafts such as natural dyeing and herbalism, and explore the relationship between making and mindfulness. Together, let’s celebrate plant creativity in every form.
Each volume of the magazine is conceived like a timeless book that we hope you will cherish in your collection forever.
- The theme for vol. 3 is “Time”.
- 104 pages
- Proudly ad-free.
- A5 size (14.8 x 21cm / 5.8 x 8.3inches)
- Printed on FSC certified silk paper and ‘perfect bound’ just like a book.
Some highlights from this magazine
- An interview with a knitter who grows and spins their own cotton.
- How to attune your garden to the moon cycles – simple step-by-steps for starting with biodynamic growing.
- Ayurvedic self care daily rituals with 3 plant-based recipes.
- How to do a simple tea meditation to experience herbs to the fullest.
- An Interview with Boreal Folk Apothecary.
- A natural dyeing tutorial with Samorn Sanixay who shows us how to pound flowers into fabric and create beautiful patterned cloth.
- Flower pressing: discovering a new land through wildflowers & tips for starting our own Herbarium (pressed plant specimens).
- Drawing flower motifs to capture the timeless beauty of the life cycle of a plant.
- An interview with sourdough baker Maurizio Leo.
- Recipes for fermenting vegetables and wild herbs.
- Personal stories about connecting with our ancestors through plants.
- + lots more! (See the contents page for full list of articles)
Magazines are shipped from a fulfillment warehouse in Germany (one that specifically works with independent publishers) and your order will usually be dispatched within 3 working days. You will receive an email once your order has been sent.
Please note that all orders are sent via international post, except orders sent to German addresses. From the shipping date in the email, your magazines will take a couple of weeks or more to reach you depending on your location.
Please allow a couple of weeks for orders to reach the UK and other European countries (although it can be quicker than this), 2-3 weeks to reach the US, and 3-4 weeks to reach Canada, Australia and New Zealand. These times are only estimates and have been quicker than this on many occasions, or can sometimes take slightly longer.
Please be patient while your magazines travel to reach you.