Plants Are Magic: The magazine for makers, dreamers & plant lovers.
The magazine offers an intimate gathering of stories, interviews and tutorials by artisans, plant growers, foragers, healers and plant lovers from around the world.
Independently published by Rebecca Desnos – a natural dyer in the UK – her vision is to unite crafts such as natural dyeing and herbalism, and explore the relationship between making and mindfulness. Together, let’s celebrate plant creativity in every form.
Each volume of the magazine is conceived like a timeless book that we hope you will cherish in your collection forever.
- The theme for vol. 4 is “Home”.
- 112 pages
- Proudly ad-free.
- Digital PDF version of the magazine – displays as two pages per spread on the screen, exactly as if you were reading a paper copy of the magazine. You can zoom into any parts of the pages as you choose and click on links throughout.
Some highlights from this magazine
- How to make watercolour paints from petals.
- A recipe for dyeing fabric with berries.
- How to make lake pigments from plants and turn these into paint.
- A recipe for a botanical anointing oil infusion.
- Tips for growing and using edible flowers.
- A recipe for purple pansy spring rolls and a delicious blueberry dipping sauce.
- How to rebalance your home environment by taking inspiration from ayurveda.
- Three zero waste recipes (eating, cleaning and crafting).
- How to use crystals to help your plants grow.
- An article by crystal whisper Katie-Jane Wright about how to connect with plant energy.
- Beautiful illustrated moon ritual colouring pages by Jo Cauldrick, from ‘The Moon Journal’.
- Explore the benefits of rewilding and going barefoot.
- Inspiring interview with natural dyer and creative activist, Samorn Sanixay.
- Several other interviews with personal insights about herbs and running sustainable businesses.
- The benefits of exploring our local plants – what we need is often growing on our doorstep!
- Garden stories, foraging tips.
- + more! (See the contents page for full list of articles)
Downloading the magazine
Following purchase, you will automatically receive an email containing a link to click on and download the PDF. Please save the file onto your device for future access (e.g. onto iBooks on the iPad). The link will expire after 4 downloads.
This purchase gives you one license to read the magazine. Please do not distribute to others. Thank you for your support.