Plant Forage Make vol. 1 (paperback)
Curl up with the first volume of Plant Forage Make and allow it to lift your spirits, help you slow down and reconnect with the natural world around you. Plant Forage Make is a special series of books for plant lovers and crafters.
For the first volume, themed ‘Scent’, contributors from around the world look at the positive effect of botanical scents on our mood and wellbeing, share recipes with scented flowers and herbs, natural dyeing tutorials, as well as foraging, cooking and gardening ideas.
Available from many bookshops including:
Plant Forage Make is published by Rebecca Desnos, a natural dyer and independent publisher in the UK. Rebecca’s vision is to unite different plant crafts and explore our relationship with nature. Together, let’s celebrate botanical creativity in every form.
It’s a cross between a book and a magazine and it’s designed to be cherished in your collection forever.
Contents of this volume:
- Forest Bathing, by Desiree Bell
- Therapeutic horticulture, by Victoria Stevens
- Recipes for herbal facial steam & a scented balm, by The Mindful Apothecary
- Dyeing with bay leaves, by Rebecca Desnos
- Bundle dye a pillowcase with rose petals, by Liz Spencer, The Dogwood Dyer
- Recipes for floral facial masks, by Herbal Academy
- How to make a herbal wreath by Essence + Alchemy
- Recipe for a rollerball essential oil perfume by Essence + Alchemy
- Lemonbalm doughnuts with a rose glaze by Tara Lanich-LaBrie, The Medicine Circle
- Rose petal chocolate coins, by Tara Lanich-LaBrie, The Medicine Circle
- Exploring memory + scent, by Katie Whittington
- Make your own herbal sprinkle blend, by Cat Seixas, The Olive Trees and the Moon
- How herbalists use scent to determine the medicinal value of plants, by Kim Walker, Handmade Apothecary
- Article + recipe by Liza Couse, Plena Plena
- Travel writing + herbal recipes, by Alice Griffin
- Interviews with artist Claudia Lowry, and herbalist Kim Walker.
- Pollinators and scented plants, by Becky Searle, Sow Much More.
You’ll be able to cherish this special publication on your bookshelf forever.